Thursday, March 08, 2007

A lot of News!

A lot has happened regarding the book, Bryan and the boys so here it is! First I did my speech about Bryan and the book at the Long Island Colaltion for Life on February 26th. It was very well received. Since then I met a lady named Leticia that writes for Faith and Family magazine and she is interested including me in a book call Catholic Mom's and Down syndrome. She has beautiful daughter with Down syndrome who is 4.

Also the Long Island Catholic has done an article and interview with Bryan and myself, a professional photographer came and everything it was very exciting. I have gotten many other calls about other projects since then, and I will be speaking at a "meet the author" night at my older boys school. I am hoping to work on that legislative proposal by the summer once I am done with work for summer vacation. I really need to do some major research to make sure all my facts are 100% on the money. My problem is that the only pro life person I could have turned to became homeland security chief for my state. Then a pro choice person got voted in. So it will be an uphill battle I think.

I want to tell you I'm so proud of Danny too. He had to write a letter to someone who is different for homework one night. He wrote the letter to Bryan and went on to tell him how much he loved him, how much he loved all the little things that Down syndrome brings that makes him who he is and that God loves him just the way he is! It drove me to tears. It is so amazing what kids can teach adults.

Kevin Tyler is well and is doing great in school. He is such a funny kid, he is always full of interesting facts. He can ask and answer trivia all day. I just don't know what he gets it all. Because some of this stuff is pretty hard. Looks like I have a future jeopardy champ in my house!!!

Kevin is doing well too. Working a lot as usual. That is about it really for now. I am sorry I don't get to do this much anymore but I will try to be better and blog a bit more. I will let everyone knows how the "meet the author" goes.